Friday, January 23, 2015

An Introduction

         Hello again, welcome to my story. My name is Ryen, and for this post I just wanted to let you all know who I am and what this blog is all about. First, know that I have rather bad grammar and spelling. I ask that you please do not hold this against me, for it has always been a thing. Now where was I? Oh yes, I am a college student at Old Dominion University, a college in Norfolk, Virginia. I am a STEM major and an art enthusiast. I am a fan of video game that have plenty of lore and story. Being able to get into a story that has deep emotional connections is an amazing experience, and certain games are able to do this very well. However, this is not the main thing that sparks my passion.

        To continue on my story telling endeavors, the one thing that is a burning passion of mine is to travel and see the world. My ongoing journey has taken me to Italy, France, Greece, England, South Africa, and Botswana. It has been a great journey life has put me on, and now it has decided to keep this journey going to South Korea. Now, at all of these locations there have been specific reasons for going. Europe was to learn and experience a new culture, and Africa was to help those in need and to love the unloved. Now the question comes up, "Why go to South Korea?" Well, the quick and simple answer is that I am studying abroad at Yonsei University. However, this is not where it stops.

        I am an adventurer by nature, and South Korea is a place I know very little about. When you think about culture, what comes to mind? Is it a celebration, dancing, art, or clothing? These things are all correct answers, but many neglect the most important aspect of the whole idea of culture, its people. I love people. It really doesn't matter who you are. There is a good chance that we could be friends. So, when it comes to S. Korea I want to experience there lives, homes, FOOD, and learn what is most important to them. I want to understand how they see the world around them, so I too can learn a new way of understanding this world. Every person I have met on my travels has taught me such great and beautiful things, and this is where this blog comes in.

      The purpose for this blog is a means for you to experience and enjoy this journey with me. It will be an exciting adventure, and it would be an honor if you would join me on this journey. I would love to hear your own stories about traveling. I would love to be your friend through this. So please join me as I experience a whole new world.(Pun intended.)

P.S.: I love Disney and fan art. So if you would like to illustrate what is said here in the blogs, and send it to me, I might include it as a picture in the next blog. I love you all!

With Great Love,
Ryen

1 comment: